The Welsh Endocrine and Diabetes Society (WEDS) was initially established to provide an educational forum for Specialists delivering Diabetes and Endocrinology services for the people of Wales.
It has continued to grow and evolve and now runs biannual conferences for Specialist, their trainees and the multidiscipline’s allied to the profession such as Pathologists, Specialist Nurses, and Research Scientists. WEDS has a central role in organising and monitoring Specialist training in Diabetes and Endocrinology in Wales.
It has an elected Executive board which enables it to consider any specialty related issue in a timely, efficient and effective manner. As a consequence WEDS now acts in a specialist advisory capacity to a number of national organisations:
- All Wales Diabetes Forum (AWDF) and Welsh Assembly Government
- Association of British Clinical Diabetologists (ABCD)
- Diabetes UK/ Diabetes UK Cymru
- Joint British Diabetes Society (JBDS)
- Welsh Medical Committee
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence
- Society for Endocrinology
- Diabetes Research Network
News & Events
- Long-Term Metabolic Outcomes after Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM): Results from the Odense GDM Follow-Up Study (OGFUS)
- Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery 5th edition
- Associations between reductions in routine care delivery and non-COVID-19-related mortality in people with diabetes in England during the COVID-19 pandemic: a population-based parallel cohort study
- A roadmap to achieve pharmacological precision medicine in diabetes